The 7 Hour “Discover Suva Tour” with Go Local Fiji Tours and Transfers
See the all the highlights of Suva on your own private tour. Choose to visit a local village for lunch and dance show, see Suva Markets, the museum, just so much to see and do in Suva.
The 7 Hour “Discover Suva Tour” is a private guided tour is completely up to you, you choose where to go and what to see. It’s super flexible and designed for those on a cruise ship docking at Suva Wharf or those staying at a hotel in Suva. Pick up from the wharf is at any time you like. The idea is to look through all the options below and have a think about what you would like to see. Then on the day you’ll discuss your preferences directly with your guide and he/she will then advise you on the best way to do the tour in Suva. Please be careful if your tour is on a Sunday as some options are not available.
Your guide will be waiting for you inside Suva Wharf holding a sign with your name on it or will meet you in the lobby of your Suva hotel. This tour is always available, no need to check availability, we have plenty of cars and lots of excellent guides on hand. All our vehicles are modern and come air-conditioning. All prices are per vehicle, not per person.
What’s included in your tour…
- Comfortable, modern, fully air conditioned vehicle
- Driver and separate local guide who speaks English
- Travel to sightseeing places as described below
- For your group only, this is not a shared tour
- Pick up and drop off inside the wharf at times to suit you
- Bottle of water per person included
- Your guide can suggest on the day the best options for sightseeing especially if no strenuous physical activity is required or you can request what you want instead.
- Lunch is not included
- Payment is made in full at time of booking – no extra fees or credit card charges
- No minimum or maximum numbers, any number is fine
- Entry fees are not included and only accepted in Fijian Dollars
- Foreign exchange office hours are normally 9:00am – 5:00pm on Monday – Friday and located near the port or ATM machines
- Any travel outside Nadi / Lautoka / Suva town area will cost extra
- 100% refund if your tour is cancelled due to your ship not docking because of bad weather
Here’s a list of all the things to see and do for a tour that starts from Suva. On the day just pick what you want to do and your guide will take you there depending on the time allowed. All entry fees will be at your own cost. Your guide can stop at an ATM machine if needed.
- Explore the Suva Fresh fruit and veg market, the biggest and most diverse in Fiji. Wonder past the fish market next to the wharf. Not open on a Sunday.
- See the President’s Residence and nearby Albert Park (where Kingsford Smith landed his small aircraft on his epic flight from USA to Australia in 1928)
- Take a stroll around the lovely Suva Botanical Gardens at Thurston Gardens
- See the majestic, fully renovated and historic Grand Pacific Hotel
- Suva Museum – Opening hrs: Mon-Thurs: 9:00am – 4:30pm; Fri: 9:00am – 4:00pm; Sat: 9:00am – 4:30pm. Entry fees: Adults $10.00; Children $5.00. Closed Sunday.
- A special visit to Colo-i-Suva Village where you’ll be greeted by Fijian warriors dressed in traditional costume. You’ll see an amazing demonstration of the Fijian entertainment with fire and knife dancing. Enjoy a traditional kava ceremony with the village chief. Lunch is a taste of lovo which is food cooked under an earth oven. Entry fee $10 FJD pp. Closed on Sunday. Will require pre-booking.
- Visit the Colo-i-Suva National Park for walking and waterfall, take a swim depending on the weather. Entry fee $5pp FJD.
- Visit the Fiji Spice Gardens, growing vanilla, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, cardamom and many other interesting spices, cultivated and cured by our native Fijians. Open 7 days, Mon to Sat from 9 am to 4.30pm, Sunday 12pm till 4.30pm. Entry fee adults $25 FJD pp for the Spice Garden Tour only. Will require pre-booking.
- Scenic drive along Princess Rd towards Nausori town
- Suva city for shopping at Tappoos or Jacks for souvenirs